Monday, August 9, 2010

Eponym? My, Nope.

I've been fiddling with palindromic sentences. It's an encapsulating, engaging, infuriating, engrossing, enlightening, invigorating, enveloping, enslaving, enthralling, inspiring, enchanting, entombing and enigmatic enterprise.

From the others that I've read, they all contained "O, ye, ay, eh" or some other outdated or irksome representation of sound. Or someone's name. It vexed me, so I've tried to write full, correct words, devoid of names or the use of letternapping apostrophes that are metaphoric of the raping of cheap prostitutes.

Here are a couple of ditties:

Wonder, ever evil. Interpret nil; I’ve revered Now.

Smart rats start rams.


I fear that their meanings will forever be my own.


Footnote:
This activity has been an interesting tool in perspective, causing me to discover anagrams in words that I've found quite evocative. For example, the word 'imagine' can be rearranged to form 'I, enigma'. I like that. Or letters can be repeated - "I am an enigma".

Also 'dream' backwards sounds like the French word for 'shit'.


Mirrored Ethan..

No comments:

Post a Comment