Thursday, November 26, 2009

All It Takes Is A Thimble


I have already said that I love learning new things. Some things are awesome, like how scientists have developed a laser that is over a million times brighter than sunshine (yes, we are one step closer to a death star). Some are insane, like how the ocean's salt could cover the entire land mass of the earth 500 feet deep. Some are fun, like how a polar bear can run at 25 miles an hour and can jump over six feet high. Some are funny, like how people accidentally eat approximately 430 bugs per year. Some are neither awesome, insane, fun, or funny, like when you learn that you are out of milo. But I really like these ridiculous facts about the world. The funniest thing is that not only do they interest me incredibly, but they seem to make sense to me.

I have recently discovered (not from personal experimentation) that a thimbleful of neutron star would weigh over 100 million tonnes.

I like to think that ideas and beliefs (and love - which I think is a sort of blend of ideas and beliefs) are like a neutron star - even the tiniest ones have so much potential, so much gravity - and could truly change the world.

Thimbleful-of-Ethan..

1 comment:

  1. so how do I explain to a McDonalds cafe full of people why the middle aged woman in the corner is crying ???? - because she has learnt that even a thimbleful of love can change the world. PS your great grandmother used a thimble every time she sewed. I still have it!

    ReplyDelete